I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to share with you some key highlights from a conference I just attended.
Keeping on top of this fast-paced industry can be challenging. TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM) hosted a conference in New Orleans that brought together their portfolio managers, executives and industry specialists, to discuss current economic issues, market trends, and their investment strategies. One of the key learnings that was of most interest to me was TD’s viewpoint on the Canadian Housing market which included the following highlights:
– Canadian labour market experienced the greatest jump in the construction sector in 10 years
– Australia imposed foreign ownership restrictions on existing homes only
– Property rights, education, Government uncertainty, and pollution are factors for foreigners considering investing abroad
– Canada is displaying characteristics of a speculative market
– Canada’s debt to income is now 130%